Rental Assistance Scholarships Now Available
Support when you need it, independence when you want it.
The last 12 months have been challenging for many Australians, especially those in regional communities affected by the economic impacts of the drought, bushfires and COVID-19. To help students across Australia experience the coolest student living, we are offering rental assistance through our Iglu Regional Scholarship.
The Iglu Regional Scholarship enables eligible students from regional Australia to live at any Iglu property in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne while they are undertaking an undergraduate degree at an Iglu partner university.
Apply for an Iglu Regional Scholarship and you could enjoy rental assistance of up to $8,000* during your first year of living at Iglu.
* You can receive annual rental assistance of up to $8,000 in Sydney, $6,700 in Melbourne and $3,900 in Brisbane based on our 2020 rack rates. Amounts will vary depending on chosen property and time of booking. Scholarships are only applicable for 12 month contracts.
Who is eligible?
In order to receive an Iglu Regional Scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be living in regional Australia;
- be intending to commence tertiary studies in the year following acceptance of this scholarship;
- be enrolled or about to be enrolled in an undergraduate course at an Iglu partner university in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne;
- not be the recipient of another concurrent scholarship award whose purpose is to cover accommodation or living expenses (including accommodation) e.g. Centrelink Relocation Scholarship or Centrelink Residential Costs Option;
- be a new customer to Iglu.
You can read the full scholarship guidelines here.
Watch our latest room walk-through videos.
Want to see for yourself?
Social distancing might mean we can’t do lots of things in person, but it doesn’t mean we can’t show you around our properties.
Our teams are happy to take you for a virtual tour so that you can experience our cool design and warm hospitality for yourself. Get started here.
“The best part about Iglu is the opportunity to meet new people every day. I also think it serves as a great stepping stone for moving out of home as you have support from staff and other people in the building who are in the same boat as you when it comes to learning how to cook and do laundry.”Emma, Iglu Brisbane City
No need to wait for your results.
With our ‘No offer, No pay’ option, you can tick finding student accommodation off your list whenever you are ready, you don’t have wait for results or university offers to come out.
If you book to live at Iglu but don’t receive an offer to the university course you apply for, you can cancel your booking without charge. Find out more here.
“Go to events and put yourself out there. I basically had no solid group of friends when I first arrived in Sydney, but after attending events I’ve made great friendships with people I hang out with nearly every day at Iglu.”Josh, Iglu Broadway
Keeping our community safe.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our team and residents remain our highest priority during the current COVID-19 crisis. We have a range of proactive measures currently in place to help safeguard everyone in our Iglu community. We’ve provided some resources to help guide you as you make decisions for 2021. View our COVID-19 Hub here.