From 30 September 2018, Station Link buses will replace trains between Chatswood Station and Macquarie University Station for approximately seven months while this line is upgraded to run Sydney’s new Metro, which will improve travel times and frequency.
This will impact students travelling to and from Macquarie University from many areas of Sydney, including Chatswood. It is anticipated that the commute from Chatswood to Macquarie University Station will increase by approximately 10 minutes during this time.
HOW WILL ‘STATION LINK’ HELP IGLU CHATSWOOD RESIDENTS?
Station Link has been designed to minimise the disruption and keep commuters moving during the rail line upgrade. As Chatswood is a key hub, it will be serviced by the main replacement S1 link, meaning residents at Iglu Chatswood will be able to get to university with minimal change to their usual routine.
Key things to know:
- S1 line buses, going to Macquarie University, will depart from the Chatswood Bus Interchange, which is a two-minute walk from Iglu Chatswood (see map for details)
- High frequency, turn-up-and-go services will run between Chatswood and Macquarie University Station at least every six minutes during peak times
- Opal cards will be used on the bus services and the cost will be the same as the standard train fare.
TIMES AND FREQUENCY FOR THE S1 LINE
Monday to Friday both directions
- 4:30am to 6am: every 10 minutes
- 6am to 9pm: every 6 minutes
- 9pm to 12:30am: every 10 minutes
Saturday and Sunday both directions
- 5am to 10am: every 10 minutes
- 10am to 7pm: every 5 minutes
- 7pm to 12:30am: every 10 minutes
Further information about Station Link is available here.
Train services between Chatswood, North Sydney and the Sydney CBD will continue to run as normal with no change to travel times.