Iglu Resident Age Requirements
The standard minimum age for students living at Iglu is 18.
If you will be under 18 when you come to live at Iglu, please review our age requirements below.
We accept domestic under 18 students on the following terms:
- you must be enrolled in a tertiary education institution
- your parent or guardian will be required to sign an U18 acknowledgement form
- you must comply with our rules regarding U18 residents which are set out below.
Applying to live at Iglu
- Brisbane – you can apply directly to live at Iglu Brisbane City or Iglu Kelvin Grove
- Melbourne – please contact your preferred property directly to discuss options.
- Sydney – please contact your preferred property directly to discuss options.
Under 18 Conditions
As an Under 18 resident, you will:
- upon arriving, make yourself known to Iglu Management
- advise Iglu if you are going to be away from Iglu overnight and provide details of where you will be
- communicate any issues or concerns directly and immediately with Iglu Management
- attend meetings organised by Iglu Management
- update Iglu promptly if your phone or email details change.
Like all other residents living at Iglu, you must abide by the Iglu House Rules throughout your stay with us. However, we would like to draw to your attention that as an under 18 residents you must not be:
- found in possession of a fake ID
- intoxicated on Iglu grounds
- found to be in possession of drugs.
If you are found to be in breach of any House Rules and/or Under 18 Rules, your parent/guardian must accept the responsibility for your transportation costs to return home.
The following Iglu properties are approved to accommodate Under 18 International Students:
Iglu Redfern – students who are studying at:
Iglu Kelvin Grove – students who are studying at:
- QUT can apply here
Iglu Melbourne City – students who are studying at:
- Monash College can apply here
- Monash University (Caulfield or Parkville) can apply here
- Trinity College Foundation can apply here
In all other cases, you must be at least 18 years of age when you come to live at Iglu.
Under 18 International Student Conditions
There are additional legal restrictions on Under 18 International students, their parents/guardians and on Iglu that do not apply to people over 18. For this reason, we have a slightly different application process for residents who will be under 18 when they come to live with us.
Before applying, we recommend you review our International Under 18 Student Frequently Asked Questions.