Iglu’s No Travel Offer
No Travel? We're Flexible.
With Australia’s border currently closed to all but returning Australian citizens and permanent residents, and a range of State border restrictions in place, it seems like it’s hard to plan anything right now. We don’t want anything to be hard at Iglu, that’s why we have a flexible No Travel offer, which allows students, regardless of their location, to secure a place at Iglu and defer their contract start date if they are affected by travel restrictions.
The details are all set out below and our teams are here to help with any questions.
Students currently in Australia
- If a student can’t travel to their Iglu location, we will defer their contract start up until 7 days after the border restriction is lifted.
- If a student can travel to their Iglu location, but is required to complete mandatory hotel quarantine before moving to Iglu, we will not charge them rent until they move in.
Students currently overseas
- If a student can’t travel to Australia, we will defer their contract start date up until 4 weeks after travel restriction between their home country and Australia is lifted.
- If a student can travel to Australia, we will not charge them rent until they complete their mandatory hotel quarantine and move into Iglu.
Letting us know
In all cases, students must advise Iglu of their deferral request in writing prior to their contract start date otherwise they may be liable for rental from the original contract start date. Students may be requested to provide evidence of their travel / mandatory hotel quarantine arrangements.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY OVERSEAS*
While international travel restrictions are still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to their original contract start date.
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
When international travel restrictions are lifted (may differ by region):
- the contract start date last confirmed between Iglu and the student will apply, and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy agreement.
* Iglu’s Standard Cancellation Policy will apply for students currently in Australia who wish to cancel they Agreement.