No travel for Semester 2? That’s cool.
As part of its COVIDSafe Roadmap, the Australian Government is working on plans to allow international students to enter Australia as early as mid-July 2020. This a positive sign for any students wanting to come to Australia for Semester 2 and one to start planning for now.
However, while current COVID-19 travel bans remain in place, we understand offshore students may have concerns about booking their accommodation for Semester 2.
To help them push ahead with their plans and secure a place at Iglu, with our No Travel offer they can:
- book one of our standard Semester 2 contract start dates
- defer their contract start date up until 30 September 2020 if travel restrictions prevent them from travelling to Australia prior to the contract start date.
Students must advise Iglu of their deferral request in writing prior to their contract start date otherwise they may be liable for rental from the original contract start date. Students may be requested to provide evidence of their travel arrangements.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions for the NO TRAVEL OFFER
While the travel ban is still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to their original contract start date.
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
When the travel ban is lifted (may differ by region):
- the contract start date last confirmed between Iglu and the student will apply, and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy agreement.