Iglu’s No Travel Offer
No Travel? We're Flexible.
With various international and state border restrictions, it is hard to plan anything with certainty right now. We don’t want things to be hard at Iglu, that’s why we have a No Travel offer, which allows students to secure a place at Iglu and defer their contract start date if they are affected by travel restrictions.
The details below outline the offer while we wait for clarification from the Australian Government on when international borders will open and the ongoing quarantine requirements.
If you have any questions, our teams are here to help.
Students currently in Australia
- If a student can’t travel to their Iglu location, we will defer their contract start for up to 7 days after the border restriction is lifted.
- If a student can travel to their Iglu location, but is required to complete mandatory hotel quarantine^ before moving to Iglu, we will not charge them rent until they move in.
- The student will need to advise Iglu prior to their contract start date to ensure they are not liable for rent from the original contract start date.
Students currently overseas
- If a student can’t travel to Australia, we will automatically defer their contract start date for up to 4 weeks after travel restrictions between their home country and Australia are lifted (and they meet the Australian Government travel requirements), unless the student requests a cancellation (see special terms below).
- This offer is only applicable for contracts starting in Semester 1 2022 and valid until 30 April 2022.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY OVERSEAS
While international travel restrictions are still in place:
- Students may cancel their Agreement without an early cancellation fee if they notify Iglu in writing prior to the start date of their current contract.
- Where no cancellation request is received, Iglu will automatically defer contract start dates for up to 4 weeks after travel restrictions between the student’s home country and Australia are lifted (if the student meets the Australian Government travel requirements).
- Where an Agreement has commenced, students may cancel their Agreement with an early cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s rent. Iglu will not refund any rental paid from their Agreement start date to the date the student informs Iglu of their cancellation in writing.
When international travel restrictions are lifted (may differ by region):
- the contract start date last confirmed between Iglu and the student will apply, and the student will be bound by the terms of their residential tenancy agreement.
^ Students may be requested to provide evidence of their travel / mandatory hotel quarantine arrangements.
Note: Iglu’s Standard Cancellation Policy will apply for students currently in Australia who wish to cancel their Agreement.