Blog & Insights
The program aims to help international students settle into a new culture and feel welcome and help create an international network for participants. In this program, we pair and match an international Buddy (Buddy In-Need) with a localised Buddy (Buddy In-Deed) and have a series of objectives over an 8-week program.
The program is voluntary for both buddies and provides a safe and comfortable pathway where a Buddy In-Need can ask questions about university life, Brisbane, Australia, traveling or finding a part-time job. On the journey, the key to unlocking the meaning of some Australia’s slang may be revealed. Most importantly, it’s a great way to become Mates!!
Stay tuned over the coming weeks to learn about each buddy’s unforgettable journey and great benefits of the program.
Buddy In-Deed benefits
- Build your global network
- Improve your cross-cultural communication skills
- Play a role in making international students welcome
- Earn a certificate of participation for your CV and LinkedIn profile
- Volunteer/ internship opportunities at NGOs
Buddy In-Need benefits
- Easy way to make friends
- Help you to adopt into a new culture and link with local community
- Answer all your questions
- Become familiar with the public transport system
- Chance to become 2018 Brisbane International Ambassador representing your home country
By Caty Li